Get your engines started with coffee, registration and some networking with colleagues.
Digital transformation is happening in every organization today. But the results are often more negative than positive.
In the past, employees struggled to find ways to connect with each other – today they are struggling to find time when they can disconnect and get work done. Finding documents in archaic paper-based systems could be time consuming and frustrating – in today’s digital workplace it is even worse, with employees reporting that they spend an average of 20% of their time looking for information. Intranets can turn these trends around – but success requires people-centric planning and processes.
Join bestselling author Geoff Ables as we launch the workshop with a look into the 5 megatrends that shape intranet success – or failure – and how you can apply them to your organization. Attendees will get a free workbook and 10 practical tips that they can apply to immediately improve their intranet project.
It’s a fact – 60-80% of Intranet projects fail. One of the most critical reasons: not understanding the unique planning process. This session will dive into what should be included in your Intranet roadmap, how to build it, and what to consider leaving out.
- Participate in group exercises that you can bring back to your team
- Learn how to apply an estimated ROI
- Discover why people and process are more important than the technology
- Engage an Intranet leadership team
- Get an Intranet roadmap workbook for free
Grab lunch from the nearby Orbis café and rejoin the group in a collaborative exercise to rate your existing Intranet.
A successful intranet solution is at the heart of engaging employees and satisfaction that in turn aids them in delivering great customer experiences. But over half of Intranet projects are still failing – and most organizations have little idea why.
In this session, you will walk through a process for rating Intranet projects, rate your organization across 5 categories, and network with others to find out what is working for them. At the end of the session, you will have a benchmarking guide that you can use to continually monitor and improve the people, processes and technologies associated with employee engagement in your organization. We will also use the time to have the attendees that score the highest in each of the 5 areas share their best practices with the rest of the attendees.
Put the concepts covered in the Roadmap session to work in this information session that includes the top ten strategies that ensure Intranet success.
- Dive deeper into structured personas that can be used for design, communications and training
- Gain valuable insight into why content structure is at the heart of an exceptional user experience
- Discover what ROT means and how it impacts your users and larger organization
- Learn why an intranet should be a journey and not a destination
- Get your own copy of the BBI Workbook to put into practice
Join your colleagues at the nearby Famous Toastery for a night of fun and networking at the nearby Famous Toastery.
- Heavy appetizers
- Casino night with play money
- Raffle items
- Free event – all proceeds benefit Prison Fellowship Ministries
Learn first hand what it takes to work through cleansing outdated content, migrate and organize the content in a new environment and the strategy to keep it clean moving forward.
Many Intranet projects launch successfully, but then quickly become just another document graveyard. This session teaches you how to remain rigid enough to guide users but flexible enough to allow them design an intranet that meets their departmental needs.
- Learn the differences in the four intranet governance models and determine which one is right for your organization
- Discuss the five C’s of a proper governance plan
- How to form, and engage, an Intranet steering committee
See first-hand insights into how Wells Fargo delivers their employee intranet experience. Learn how Wells Fargo manages multiple intranet, content and collaboration solutions. Hear the successes, and struggles, related to managing an intranet at a large enterprise. Understand the tradeoffs between governance that delivers flexibility for users, and rigid processes for consistent and high quality content – and how Wells Fargo balances these. Improve your intranet by learning from the results – adoption and satisfaction – that are being used by the bank to continue to evolve their intranet.