Building a Better Intranet – 2 Day Workshop
June 13-14, 2018 – Charlotte, NC
Featured Guest Case Studies
The Workplace is Changing…
An employee's attention span has dropped by 25% in the last 10 years.
Between 2005 and 2015, telecommuting grew by 103%.
The average employee uses 25 different applications per week.
Take your intranet project from an initial idea, or upgrade, to sustainable success. The truth is intranet success is driven more by people than technology. Organizations don’t care about Intranets – they care about results – and these 2 days of interactive workshops will provide you with the tools and knowledge to:
- Avoid the most common mistakes being made by other organizations
- Balance scalability, flexibility and usability as you implement user-centered design
- Go beyond user adoption and build a solid plan for sustained team engagement
- Create a digital workplace that encourages better lateral and vertical collaboration
You will hear from peers and expert speakers, participate in workshops, and leave with workbooks, ideas and new connections.
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 8:00 am – Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 5:00 pm
University of North Carolina at Charlotte PORTAL Building 9319 Robert D. Snyder Rd. Seminar Room – 2nd Floor Charlotte, NC 28223
Most Businesses are Failing at Collaboration
60% - 80%
of collaboration and social business initiatives will not achieve their intended benefits.
of employees say that insufficient training is a barrier to adopting new workplace technologies.
The average company considers 58% of their intranet content to be ROT (redundant, outdated, or trivial).
Attend if You Are:
- Considering an intranet upgrade from an older platform
- Implementing an intranet for the first time
- Unsure of what exactly goes into building an effective intranet
- Think you need an intranet, but unsure of where to start
- Struggling with your current intranet or looking for options for improvement
Inventive conference. I wish our HR and Marketing Directors had attended to catch this vision of better employee engagement.
What a unique combination of seminar, workshop, training and networking. I have a notebook full of things to get done right away, and things to think about for the long-term!
Organizations with strong learning and collaborative culture are:
more likely to develop novel products and processes
more likely to be first to market with their products and services
more profitable than their peers
Join us for 2 days of workshops on building an intranet for collaboration success!
Plan Your Intranet – Day 1
Gear up, grab a cup of coffee and get introduced to the others you’ll be working with for the day.
- The role of the site owner / power user
- The tools for the site owner
- A brief walkthrough of SharePoint Online and related services
- SharePoint Home / App Launcher
Using and Customizing Lists
- Overview of modern lists & libraries
- List Settings
- Customizing Columns
- Communications Options
- Setting content alerts
- Site Columns
- When to use Content Types
- Creating and Modifying Views
- Overview of Workflows (OOTB)
- Review of page types (modern, wiki, publishing)
- When to use each of the different page types
- Web parts
- Site Customization
- Site Navigation
- Managing User Alerts
- The state of social
- About Delve
- Updating your profile
Plan Your Intranet – Day 2
Get your motors running! Join us back at the UNCC campus, grab a cup ‘o joe and dive into day two!
Many Intranet projects launch successfully, but then quickly become just another document graveyard. This session teaches you how to remain rigid enough to guide users but flexible enough to allow them design an intranet that meets their departmental needs.
- Learn the differences in the four intranet governance models and determine which one is right for your organization
- Discuss the five C’s of a proper governance plan
- How to form, and engage, an Intranet steering committee
On your own, but not alone. Grab lunch along with the rest of the group from the nearby Orbis café. Weather permitting, enjoy your lunch outdoors on the university campus.
A successful intranet solution is at the heart of engaging employees and satisfaction that in turn aids them in delivering great customer experiences. But over half of Intranet projects are still failing – and most organizations have little idea why.
In this session, you will walk through a process for rating Intranet projects, rate your organization across 5 categories, and network with others to find out what is working for them. At the end of the session, you will have a benchmarking guide that you can use to continually monitor and improve the people, processes and technologies associated with employee engagement in your organization. We will also use the time to have the attendees that score the highest in each of the 5 areas share their best practices with the rest of the attendees.
One of the top reasons employees do not engage is a disconnection between their digital workplace experience, and overall productivity. Intranets and other technology can become so complex and difficult to use, that employees feel that they are working for technology – rather than the other way around.
- Join your peers for an interactive session featuring group activities, discussion, best practices, and take-away tools.
- Identify what employee personas look like and how they will impact the digital workplace
- Discover the starting point for persona definitions – and how to strategically expand from there
- Align your Intranet home page experience to different personas
- Define a journey map as a foundation to understand how employees want to engage, and what will cause them to disengage
- Identify and define processes to bring quick wins and long-term productivity to your work group
As a group, attendees will be asked to share tips, tricks and takeaways from the workshop in this interactive wrap-up session.!
Network with peers and learn best practices. Discover practical tips to engage employees, drive collaboration and learn how to measure results. See and hear examples and case studies from leading organizations.
Past attendees have included
Create contagiously collaborative employees that deliver great customer experiences.
If you're looking for things to do while in town, remember that
Charlotte's got Charlotte!
There are dining options, including waterfront dining, within walking distance of the hotel. A few shopping options are within walking distance, and 3 modern malls are short drive away. Uptown Charlotte, a short Uber ride away, offers a vibrant nightlife scene.
Click here if you'd like to learn about arts, culture, outdoor, NASCAR and other nearby attractions.
Join the Success Accelerators Community
Learn from practitioners and thought leaders, increase collaboration productivity, deliver unparalleled customer experiences, share ideas, create lasting connections.