Building a Better Intranet – 2 Day Workshop
The Workplace is Changing…
An employee's attention span has dropped by 25% in the last 10 years.
Between 2005 and 2015, telecommuting grew by 103%.
The average employee uses 25 different applications per week.
Take your intranet project from an initial idea, or upgrade, to sustainable success. The truth is intranet success is driven more by people than technology. Organizations don’t care about Intranets – they care about results – and these 2 days of interactive workshops will provide you with the tools and knowledge to:
- Avoid the most common mistakes being made by other organizations
- Balance scalability, flexibility and usability as you implement user-centered design
- Go beyond user adoption and build a solid plan for sustained team engagement
- Create a digital workplace that encourages better lateral and vertical collaboration
You will hear from peers and expert speakers, participate in workshops, and leave with workbooks, ideas and new connections.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 8:00 am –
Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 5:00 pm
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
9319 Robert D. Snyder Rd.
Seminar Room – 2nd Floor
Charlotte, NC 28223
Most Businesses are Failing at Collaboration
60% - 80%
of collaboration and social business initiatives will not achieve their intended benefits.
of employees say that insufficient training is a barrier to adopting new workplace technologies.
The average company considers 58% of their intranet content to be ROT (redundant, outdated, or trivial).
Attend if You Are:
- Considering an intranet upgrade from an older platform
- Implementing an intranet for the first time
- Unsure of what exactly goes into building an effective intranet
- Think you need an intranet, but unsure of where to start
- Struggling with your current intranet or looking for options for improvement
Inventive conference. I wish our sales and marketing director had attended to catch this vision of better employee and customer engagement.
What a unique combination of seminar, workshop, training and networking. I have a notebook full of things to get done right away, and things to think about for the long-term!
Organizations with strong learning and collaborative culture are:
more likely to develop novel products and processes
more likely to be first to market with their products and services
more profitable than their peers
Join us for 2 days of workshops on building an intranet for collaboration success!
Plan Your Intranet – Day 1
Get your engines started with coffee, registration and some networking with colleagues.
Digital transformation is happening in every organization today. But the results are often more negative than positive.
In the past, employees struggled to find ways to connect with each other – today they are struggling to find time when they can disconnect and get work done. Finding documents in archaic paper-based systems could be time consuming and frustrating – in today’s digital workplace it is even worse, with employees reporting that they spend an average of 20% of their time looking for information. Intranets can turn these trends around – but success requires people-centric planning and processes.
Join bestselling author Geoff Ables as we launch the workshop with a look into the 5 megatrends that shape intranet success – or failure – and how you can apply them to your organization. Attendees will get a free workbook and 10 practical tips that they can apply to immediately improve their intranet project.
It’s a fact – 60-80% of Intranet projects fail. One of the most critical reasons: not understanding the unique planning process. This session will dive into what should be included in your Intranet roadmap, how to build it, and what to consider leaving out.
- Participate in group exercises that you can bring back to your team
- Learn how to apply an estimated ROI
- Discover why people and process are more important than the technology
- Engage an Intranet leadership team
- Get an Intranet roadmap workbook for free
Grab lunch from the nearby Orbis café and rejoin the group in a collaborative exercise to rate your existing Intranet.
A successful intranet solution is at the heart of engaging employees and satisfaction that in turn aids them in delivering great customer experiences. But over half of Intranet projects are still failing – and most organizations have little idea why.
In this session, you will walk through a process for rating Intranet projects, rate your organization across 5 categories, and network with others to find out what is working for them. At the end of the session, you will have a benchmarking guide that you can use to continually monitor and improve the people, processes and technologies associated with employee engagement in your organization. We will also use the time to have the attendees that score the highest in each of the 5 areas share their best practices with the rest of the attendees.
Put the concepts covered in the Roadmap session to work in this information session that includes the top ten strategies that ensure Intranet success.
- Dive deeper into structured personas that can be used for design, communications and training
- Gain valuable insight into why content structure is at the heart of an exceptional user experience
- Discover what ROT means and how it impacts your users and larger organization
- Learn why an intranet should be a journey and not a destination
- Get your own copy of the BBI Workbook to put into practice
Join your colleagues at the nearby Famous Toastery for a night of fun and networking at the nearby Famous Toastery.
- Heavy appetizers
- Casino night with play money
- Raffle items
- Free event – all proceeds benefit Prison Fellowship Ministries
Plan Your Intranet – Day 2
Learn first hand what it takes to work through cleansing outdated content, migrate and organize the content in a new environment and the strategy to keep it clean moving forward.
Many Intranet projects launch successfully, but then quickly become just another document graveyard. This session teaches you how to remain rigid enough to guide users but flexible enough to allow them design an intranet that meets their departmental needs.
- Learn the differences in the four intranet governance models and determine which one is right for your organization
- Discuss the five C’s of a proper governance plan
- How to form, and engage, an Intranet steering committee
See first-hand insights into how Wells Fargo delivers their employee intranet experience. Learn how Wells Fargo manages multiple intranet, content and collaboration solutions. Hear the successes, and struggles, related to managing an intranet at a large enterprise. Understand the tradeoffs between governance that delivers flexibility for users, and rigid processes for consistent and high quality content – and how Wells Fargo balances these. Improve your intranet by learning from the results – adoption and satisfaction – that are being used by the bank to continue to evolve their intranet.
Intranet projects can transform the way a company operates from the inside out.
In this session you’ll learn how to go beyond technology and into changing how your business thinks about collaboration. Group exercises discussion will provide perspective into what an adoption strategy really means. Learn from other attendees, and bring tips and tools back to your workplace that you can apply immediately.
- “So what?” Does your content pass this important test?
- Determine which KPIs are most meaningful to measure
- Learn how to recognize your Cautious, Contributors and Champions
- Understand what it really means to put People first
- Rethink the definition of training and how to approach it
- Discover the key ingredients to a successful adoption plan
Network with peers and learn best practices. Discover practical tips to engage employees, drive collaboration and learn how to measure results. See and hear examples and case studies from leading organizations.
Past attendees have included
Create contagiously collaborative employees that deliver great customer experiences.
If you're looking for things to do while in town, remember that
Charlotte's got Charlotte!
There are dining options, including waterfront dining, within walking distance of the hotel. A few shopping options are within walking distance, and 3 modern malls are short drive away. Uptown Charlotte, a short Uber ride away, offers a vibrant nightlife scene.
Click here if you'd like to learn about arts, culture, outdoor, NASCAR and other nearby attractions.