Office 365 and SharePoint Power User Training
This 1 day, instructor-led course is designed for the site owner/”power user” of a SharePoint Online site who needs to know how to learn about and how to manage all these “modern” experiences for lists, libraries, sites and pages. If you’re confused or don’t know when to use what, this is for you! This class is based on the SharePoint Online platform in Microsoft Office 365.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Manage and Configure Sites and navigation
- Configure sites, include themes, title, description and icon
- Add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security
- Add and configure web parts
- View site activity reports
- Customize lists and libraries
- Work with Site Columns and Site Content Types
- Configure Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning
- Create and modify pages and web part pages
- Learn when to what
SharePoint Training Facts…
1 in 3 organizations struggle to attain SharePoint adoption
Do you know the personas that are involved with your SharePoint project?
- Cautious 90%
- Contributors 9%
- Champions 1%
44% of employees say that training is a barrier to adopting new workplace technologies.
Thursday, January 25, 2018
8:00am – 5:00pm
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
9319 Robert D. Snyder Rd.
Seminar Room – 2nd Floor
Charlotte, NC 28223
SharePoint + Office 365 Power User Training Agenda
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Registration and Coffee
Gear up, grab a cup of coffee and get introduced to the others you’ll be working with for the day.
The Role of the Site Owner
- The role of the site owner / power user
- The tools for the site owner
Review of SharePoint basics
- A brief walkthrough of SharePoint Online and related services
- SharePoint Home / App Launcher
Using and Customizing Lists
- Overview of modern lists & libraries
- List Settings
- Customizing Columns
- Communications Options
- Setting content alerts
Lunch – On Your Own But Not Alone!
Using and Customizing Lists Continued
- Site Columns
- When to use Content Types
- Creating and Modifying Views
- Overview of Workflows (OOTB)
Security and Permissions
Creating SharePoint Pages
- Review of page types (modern, wiki, publishing)
- When to use each of the different page types
- Web parts
Site Settings and Navigation
- Site Customization
- Site Navigation
- Managing User Alerts
It’s All About You
- The state of social
- About Delve
- Updating your profile
Other 365 Services
- Flow / PowerApps
- 365 Video
Great ideas and training to bring back to your organization.
The training was great This will be a huge help for me in understanding how my department uses SharePoint.
Organizations with strong learning and collaborative culture are:
more likely to develop novel products and processes
more likely to be first to market with their products and services
more profitable than their peers
Create contagiously collaborative employees that deliver great customer experiences.
If you're looking for things to do while in town, remember that
Charlotte's got Charlotte!
There are dining options, including waterfront dining, within walking distance of the hotel. A few shopping options are within walking distance, and 3 modern malls are short drive away. Uptown Charlotte, a short Uber ride away, offers a vibrant nightlife scene.
Click here if you'd like to learn about arts, culture, outdoor, NASCAR and other nearby attractions.
Join the Success Accelerators Community
Learn from practitioners and thought leaders, increase collaboration productivity, deliver unparalleled customer experiences, share ideas, create lasting connections.